KDBA is proud to announce that its Summit Basketball Academy (SBA) will be starting in January 2021 and will provide opportunities and resources for basketballers aged 9 to adult to learn and develop all aspects of their basketball.
SBA is a specialist program of Kalamunda & Districts Basketball Association (KDBA) with the purpose of providing high-level development to both the individual athletes and to basketball teams. The Academy is designed to make every individual a better athlete and in turn, bring these improved skills to their teams.
The objective of the program is to provide education and developmental pathways in all areas of basketball in Western Australia. SBA basketball athletes will feed into clubs and associations at KDBA and in other competitions and tournaments within WA. Athletes will also gain exposure to fitness, strength and conditioning, nutrition and qualifications in officiating and coaching.
SBA provides athletes with the opportunity to gain practical experience in all areas of basketball as well as developing the fundamental skills of the game. Athletes will have access to recognised accredited basketball coaches and subject experts who will also provide feedback and insight to developing the ability of each and every participant.
The program itself will offer the opportunity for Athletes to:
- Participate in competitions throughout the Kalamunda area and WA region.
- Athletes within the program will receive the first choice in sporting teams playing in key competitions (such as the Suns Super League and other tournaments).
- Be provided with opportunities to be scouted by Suns NBL1/WABL coaches, state representatives and US collegiate coaches.
The Academy offers:
- Qualified Coaching Staff including access to NBL coaching staff
- Specialist elite player development
- Representative teams in state and interstate tournaments
- Strength & conditioning
- Nutrition and diet information
- Access to seminars from NBL1 Head Coaches, National/State level officials, experts in injury prevention, sports psychology and other specialist areas.
Programs include Weekly Skills Clinics, Elite Squads (by invitation only), informational seminars, individual development sessions and Holiday Camps.
The SBA curriculum has been developed by professional basketball coaches with over 20 years of basketball coaching experience. SBA is more than a basketball program, skills taught are not only basketball focussed but also life skills such as leadership, commitment, discipline and focus.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, complete an expression of interest form through the link below and we’ll keep you updated with the academy’s opening and provide you with the first opportunity to join.