Dear Members, Supporters and Families of KDBA
Basketball WA today put out a statement that all domestic competitions and basketball activities including
training should be suspended from today until at least the 27 April 2020. Please see here for the full statement:
As such, KDBA will immediately suspend all competitions, programs, school development visits, and WABL
training until further notice.
We are constantly monitoring information provided by the Federal and State Government Health Departments,
Basketball WA and Basketball Australia and will continue to provide updates on our social media accounts and
website as we get them. However, we also urge you to keep updated and informed through the following sources:
- The Australian Government Department of Health – www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
- The Western Australian Department of Health – https://healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Coronavirus
- World Health Organisation (WHO) – www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Basketball Australia – https://australia.basketball
- Basketball Western Australia – https://basketballwa.asn.au/
If you are worried that you or someone you know may have or has COVID-19; or are anxious about being in isolation and
would like to speak to someone about it contact one of the services below for support or talk to your general practitioner.
- Lifeline Australia: 13 11 14 or Lifeline Australia – A crisis support service that provides short term support at any time
for people who are having difficulty coping or staying safe.
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551800 or Kids Helpline – A free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service
for young people aged 5 to 25 years.
While this decision hasn’t been taken lightly, it is in the best interest of our members, staff, their families and our Association
to take this course of action.
More information and updates will follow so please make sure to keep updated at our website and social media accounts.
We hope that we will be able to open our doors as soon as we can and look forward to welcoming you back. In the meantime
we wish you and your families to be safe and healthy, especially during these times.
Thanks for your support and understanding.