Director of Basketball
Kalamunda & Districts Basketball Association (KDBA)
KDBA is located in the hills, east of Perth with a growing membership of around 1,600 players across domestic, WABL and NBL1 programs. Our mission is to encourage basketball participation for all, and through the contributions of our members, create opportunity for all participants to have fun, realise their individual potential and achieve team success.
To realise this mission, KDBA is seeking a motivated, passionate and professional individual to lead our club.
The Director of Basketball plays a key role in leading and driving the culture, structure and performance of our club.
This role ensures the successful, positive and professional delivery of our four pillars of KDBA basketball, these being our local competition, WABL, NBL1 and development programs.
The Director of Basketball ensures all of the operational aspects for the above competitions and development activities are planned, structured and successful.
Together with our passionate Directors, this role significantly contributes to Player, Coach and Referee recruitment, development and performance pathways inside the local competition and WABL environments.
With the support and guidance of the President and Management Committee, seek out current and new opportunities to drive the financial performance, sponsorship recruitment and membership growth for ongoing and mutual success on and off the court.
- A united club with a first class culture
- A club meeting its strategic objectives
- Player, Coach and Referee development pathways to success
- Exceeding member satisfaction
- Strong development program participation which drives performance
- Positive financial outcomes
Salary & Application
The Director of Basketball is a permanent full time position, a salary package to represent the scope of responsibility and contribution to the club is offered.
Due to the nature and responsibility of this role, flexibility of working hours will be required.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter outlining motivation for applying, while also broadly addressing the requirements of the role
- Resume outlining education, qualifications, work history and experience
- Candidates are required to provide contact details of three referees, at least one of whom must be work related (preferably line manager)
A full job description can be found by clicking here. All applications to be submitted via SEEK.
Any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday July 29 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately and KDBA reserves the right to close the advertisement prior to the application close date.
KDBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and encourages diversity within its workforce.